2009/05/01

Anrtefacts - SHORT

In february, I shot during one week, a medieval's short fantasy directed by Patrick O'BLIN, and produced by "Les films d'Arthyane".


The director, wanted to shoot a dark story with a contrast and coloured picture. When I met him, he told me "I want cold nights, and a hot candlelight interior". I answered what I had some difficulty to shot a picture with no color and no contrast! I was free to give a special picture to get spectator into the story.

For this shooting, I called my gaffer Josselin DELAS to form two electrics crews. The first one at the face, and the second to pre-light the tavern.
For the tavern's set, I had to light with no lighting on the floor, because we had a lot of shots around the actors.

The difficulty had to simulate a tavern lighted by candlelights, with no light on the table level. So I gave a general top fill very soft, and some details lighted with ponctuals lights. For the key, I played with candels on the table.

For the night, a Arri Daylight 12KW for the back light, and smoke to make an oppressive and strange forest. I played also with anti-solar light for the back on actor to affect the spectator.

No comments:

Post a Comment