2010/03/24

"Geek's" - Pilot TV

This winter, I shot a pilot TV directed by Arnaud TABARLY and Hervé GRAZZINI.
When Arnaud and Hervé talked to me about this series, I was very exiting because it is between "Spaced" with Simon PEGG and "The IT crowd".

Poster teaser of "Geek's" - Directed by Arnaud TABARLY & hervé GRAZZINI

For the pilot we didn't have a big budget so we found some ideas to illuminate this series with cheaps solutions.
The two flatmates had their own world in the same flat.

One of the bedrooms was in the dark, shutters closed. The room was only lighted by the computer screen as if the character eaten the light computer. So I used just a Litepanel with a very light white diffusion.

The effect was perfect and the installation was very easy.

The second bedroom was in a half-light. A ray of sunlight illuminated the door to make a less stuffy atmosphere than the other bedroom.

The living room was illuminated by a front sunlight. I put some shadows to break the front light effect and to keep contrast.

For the scene of the party, I used a top light to illuminate only the characters and not the wall of the living room.

I make a little blue spot in the background to give a chromatic contrast and to breathe the picture.

The pictures are screenshots from the rushs. So they will be colorate after the editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment